Message from the Superintendent
I consider it an honor and privilege to serve as your County Superintendent of Schools. I pledge to provide leadership and service for all schools throughout San Luis Obispo County. The County Superintendent of Schools serves as a spokesperson and advocate for the San Luis Obispo County students, staff and parents. The partnerships between the schools, families, and the larger community are the backbone of any success in the changing world of education.
Research indicates that whom we train and employ as our classroom teachers and school principals, has a great deal of influence on student success. We cannot underestimate the value of a highly qualified teacher or school administrator. It is imperative that we act now to encourage intelligent young people to consider education as a profession.
I sincerely hope that this website meets your needs.
- Superintendent's Monthly Column
- Preparing to Return to School
- Superintendent's Educational TV Broadcast - Charter Cable Ch. 19 (COE TV)
- Shandon Joint Unified School District – Individualized Attention
- San Luis Obispo County Office of Education Behind the Scenes
2015 Georgia Brown Elementary Kindercamp
Dr. Brescia, County Superintendent of Schools, visits with staff and students for the 2015 First 5 Kindercamp at Georgia Brown Elementary School, Paso Robles.
Thank You Firefighters
Saying a big thank you to our firefighters, SLOCOE employees, Jennifer Chassman and Kelly Yungman deliver donuts to Camp San Luis Obispo.
Supporting United Way's Stuff the Bus Campaign
Dr. James Brescia, County Superintendent of Schools and United Way Board Member supports "United Way's Stuff the Bus Campaign"
Paso Robles Joint Unified School District Gym Dedication
Dr. Brescia attends the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District Gym Dedication – August 12, 2015
Dr. Brescia at the Mid State Fair
Dr. Brescia, County Superintendent of Schools, at the 2015 Mid State Fair with Shandon JUSD FFA students. Seen here with Keila Navarro.
College Night is back to San Luis Obispo County
College Night, an annual event that had been held for many years, was discontinued in 2010 after continued cutbacks in funding at local area high schools and Cuesta College. The event had offered students the opportunity to learn about colleges from across the country and to find other resources they needed to help make an informed decision about college. Recognizing that students and their families needed this assistance, The San Luis Obispo Community Foundation began a partnership with Cuesta College in 2012 to bringCollege Nightback to San Luis Obispo County. In 2015, this partnership was passed on to the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education.
Los Osos Middle School STEAM Program
May 8, 2015 District Superintendent's visit the STEAM Program at Los Osos Middle School.
Dr. Brescia Visits Shandon Elementary
Dr. Brescia Visits Shandon Elementary
Shandon High School Receives New Tractor
Through donations and grants Shandon High School recently received a new tractor.
San Luis Obispo County Office of Education at night
Located at 3350 Education Drive in San Luis Obispo the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education serves as.....
Rancho El Chorro Outdoor School
Tucked away in the hills above San Luis Obispo is Rancho El Chorro Outdoor School, a natural preserve, a school campus, and an extraordinary learning resource. Here, on 250 protected acres, students literally reach out and touch the natural world and explore their place within it.
- Today's Events
- College Night is back to San Luis Obispo County
- County Superintendent of Schools – Phillips 66 Rail-Spur Statement
- 2015-16 COE Master Calendar and District Summaries
- ETC Courier Schedule -2015 - 2016 School Year
- Employee Education Incentive Program Guidelines & Application
- San Luis Obispo County Office of Education Announces Award Of Career Pathways Trust Grant
- 2016 Teacher of the Year Information and Application Process
- Regional Career - Technical Education Models
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Information
- Now Accepting Applications for State Preschool and First 5
- San Luis Obispo County-Wide Schools Phone Directory