Message from the Superintendent
I consider it an honor and privilege to serve as your County Superintendent of Schools. I pledge to provide leadership and service for all schools throughout San Luis Obispo County. The County Superintendent of Schools serves as a spokesperson and advocate for the San Luis Obispo County students, staff and parents. The partnerships between the schools, families, and the larger community are the backbone of any success in the changing world of education.
Research indicates that whom we train and employ as our classroom teachers and school principals, has a great deal of influence on student success. We cannot underestimate the value of a highly qualified teacher or school administrator. It is imperative that we act now to encourage intelligent young people to consider education as a profession.
I sincerely hope that this website meets your needs.
- Superintendent's Monthly Column
- Physical Education Counts
- Superintendent's Educational TV Broadcast - Charter Cable Ch. 19 (COE TV)
- Los Osos Middle School – STEAM Program and 21st Century Learners
- San Luis Obispo County Office of Education Behind the Scenes
Chapter 13 ACSA Awards Dinner
Kirk Collins, Principal, Hawthorne Elementary and Christin Newlon, Director of Personnel, San Luis Coastal USD at the ACSA Chapter 13 Awards Dinner. Friday, May, 22, 2015, Madonna Inn.
Becky French Receives Board Recognition
Dr. Brescia presents Becky French with a board resolution acknowledging her service of over thirteen years to the County Office of Education.
Richard J. Weyhrich Leadership Award
May 19, 2015 - Richard J. Weyhrich Leadership Award Ceremony held at the SLO County Board of Supervisors Chambers. The Weyhrich awards recognize high school seniors who demonstrate leadership potential and dedication to serving the community. This year 13 students representing schools from across our County received $4,000 each to use towards expenses for their first year of college.
May is Living Schoolyard Month
Dr. James Brescia, County Superintendent of Schools, presents Celeste Royer, Director of Environmental and Outdoor Education a Board Resolution Proclaiming the Month of May as Living Schoolyard Month
2015 JCCASAC Teacher of the Year Nominee
Congratulations to Chalk Mountain Community High School employee, Greg Murphy, for being nominated for the Juvenile Court, Community and Alternative School Administrators of California (JCCASAC) Teacher of the Year!
Fifteen Years of Service
Dr. Brescia presents Diane Donalies with a Board Resolution acknowledging her service of over fifteen years to the County Office of Education.
Los Osos Middle School STEAM Program
May 8, 2015 District Superintendent's visit the STEAM Program at Los Osos Middle School.
Cayucos Elementary School students take recycling to the next level
Third grade students at Cayucos Elementary School recently got a lesson in recycling, and they took it upon themselves to try to turn their school into a zero-waste facility.
Click picture to view video>>>
An Interview with Dr. Brescia
Dr. Brescia, County Superintendent of Schools, will appear on Thursday March 12th at 8:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M. on Charter California Edition - Charter Cable Ch. 90.
Dr. Brescia Visits Shandon Elementary
Dr. Brescia Visits Shandon Elementary
Shandon High School Receives New Tractor
Through donations and grants Shandon High School recently received a new tractor.
San Luis Obispo County Office of Education at night
Located at 3350 Education Drive in San Luis Obispo the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education serves as.....
Rancho El Chorro Outdoor School
Tucked away in the hills above San Luis Obispo is Rancho El Chorro Outdoor School, a natural preserve, a school campus, and an extraordinary learning resource. Here, on 250 protected acres, students literally reach out and touch the natural world and explore their place within it.
- Today's Events
- County Superintendent of Schools – Phillips 66 Rail-Spur Statement
- 2015-16 COE Master Calendar
- ETC Courier Schedule - Summer 2015
- Employee Education Incentive Program Guidelines & Application
- San Luis Obispo County Office of Education Announces Award Of Career Pathways Trust Grant
- 2016 Teacher of the Year Information and Application Process
- Regional Career - Technical Education Models
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Information
- Now Accepting Applications for State Preschool and First 5
- San Luis Obispo County-Wide Schools Phone Directory
- 2014-15 COE Master Calendar and District Summaries